Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Socceroos in Asia

Well our first entry into Asia is only days away and the game against and finally we see a write up in the papers about this historic occasion. While it is acknowledged that a second-string side will take the field due to the match falling outside the FIFA schedule, one would think that this match would still command a bit more than a paragraph in the Herald Sun two days before the game.

Perhaps I am being a bit narrow minded, however, I would have thought with the numbers behind the game these days that readers would want to hear about what is happening in the matches lead up, and not just when something negative has happened such as the injury to Vidmar?

Not too worry, as I am sure the warm up matches that will be played between now and then will command a little more coverage than a match against Bahrain.

On other football matters, Frankie may have secured himself some tickets and accommodation to the World Cup. More of this will be revealed in future postings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home