Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Bernie Misses Out

I just got the email from FIFA and the news is not good for my mate Bernie. He has missed out on the ballot and must now try his luck in the free-for-all that is going to happen on the 15th of February. Not a good situation, and he will most likely be flying into Germany without tickets.

He can of course, pay a premium and get them from an authorised broker, however, this is a pricey option, and knowing Bernie, he would rather chance his arm at the games on the night.

In my opinion, I think this is a good idea for the Japan and Croatia games, but Australia versus Brazil will be the match of the qualifying rounds. He will struggle to get them for this game.

Also, I have received emails from FFA Travel which have informed me that itineraries are being finalised. It will be nice to find out exactly where we are staying and what we are doing.

Finally, I am about to pay the final istalment of the trip, the airfares, on Thursday. After saving the $400 or so, the downside was early payment. Oh well, it will be $400 more I can spend on beer at the Munich beer halls!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home