Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

FIFA Ticket Fourth Phase a Joke

Well the fourth phase of the ticket allocations has pretty much come and gone, and all I can say is what a joke that was. I logged onto my home computer at about 9.50pm, ten minutes before the tickets went on sale, and kept refreshing the ticket home page.

Well 10pm came, and there were only very limited tickets available to all matches. With my mate Bernie next to me, and my cousin Frank on the phone, I tried to get tickets to the Brazil and Croatia matches. Got to the next stage where it asks to verify you are not a robot (C-3PO would be in trouble), and then it took me to this blank screen saying there was too much traffic and try again later.

I tried again straight away, but of course I could not even get that far with error screens aplenty. This went on for half an hour before we gave up in disgust.

When I went to log on this morning, well all the limited tickets were gone. So now it is going to be just turn up and try your luck at the grounds for Bernie and Frank, unless of course they are willing to pay $1,000 plus per game to get them online from an "authorised reseller". What a joke!

Well at least I have my tickets!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home