Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Aussie Guus To Depart After Finals?

After a big Australia Day lounging by the pool and watching the cricket, I am at work in a more tired state than I would otherwise be for a Friday.

However, the poster on the wall of my office of the Socceroos on stage after they had just beaten Uruguay is enough to bring a smile to my face.

I read today that Guus Hindick is also in talks with the Poms to replace Sven when he departs. All I can say is thank god we have him. The man is a legend and the salary he is asking (about $A9-10 million) for the job would be worth every penny I believe. Hopefully when he departs (which will no doubt happen as we can't afford that kind of coin) we are able to get a decent replacement. I would hate to see a "Frank Farina" take up the reigns again. Perhaps Gerrard Houllier could be a chance?

In any event, I don't think that Aussie Guus would leave us in the lurch and with his contacts, I believe a good replacement will be found.

Interesting times ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home