Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Flights Confirmed & Ballot Finalised

Well it is all happening now! I had previously booked flights on Cathay to fly out on June 10 and arrive in Frankfurt on June 11 (my wedding anniversary date, how romantic!). The return flights were to fly out on the 23rd of June and arrive home in Australia on the 25th of June. The total cost for two tickets was some $4,412.

However, my good mate Bernie put me onto some similar flights, with the same carrier at a much cheaper cost. So of course, I followed this up and changed my flight arrangements. The flights are now on Cathay CX 134 out of Melbourne on the 10th of June departing at 7.35am and arriving in Frankfurt on 11th June at 5.50am. The return flight departs Frankfurt on the 23rd of June at 7.40pm and gets me home in Melbourne at 6.15am (flights CX282/CX135). Total cost for two tickets, $4,058, a saving of $354. Not bad.

So myself and my wife are all sorted. Hopefully after today, Bernie will also have his tickets in hand after the FIFA ballot is concluded. As I mentioned in a previous post, Bernie missed out on the FFA allocation, however, I am hopeful he gets them today in the ballot. Fingers crossed, and good luck Bernie!! In any event, he is still booked to go over to Germany on the same flights as myself and my wife, and is hopeful to get tickets through other means. He is, however, going on the Australian Sports Tours tour, as opposed to the FFA one as it is slightly cheaper and a little more "touristy".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home