Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Friends Still Trying

I got a lift into work today with a good mate of mine, Bernie, who is still trying to get tickets and we discussed his plans regarding what will happen if he misses out on the ballot on the 31st of Janurary.

He is the supreme optimist, and has said that regardless whether he gets the tickets this time around, he will still be booking his flights and tour. God bless him!! His determination should be an inspiration to everyone else who missed out in the FFA process.

He plans to pay a premium if he does miss out, and will go through th ticket broking avenues should the FIFA process fail. Worse case is just go over there and try your luck. I have said it in other forums that I have never, ever, known anyone to miss out on getting into a sold out event, even when they have missed out on tickets. You just have to do the hard yards, and eventually, you will get in. Just never give up. I think Bernie is like this, and he will ultimately get inside the venues. Good luck mate!!

By the way, he is also looking at either the Australian Sports Tours 15 day tour, or the FFA's 12 day guided or unguided tours. I reckon he will end up going with the guided tour as it is all done for you and you can just concentrate on one thing, partying! Oh, and also cheering the lads on to some famous victories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home