Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

A Great Win


The Socceroos have come from behind to win against a strong Bahrain side. What made this win more memorable was the fact that it was our debut into Asia, and furthermore, we did it with a severly understrength team.

Even Guus was not in attendance, which further highlights the strength in our coaching department when someone like Graeme Arnold can step up and keep the team calm while being down 1-0 at half time.

With a draw being played out in the Kuwait/Lebanon match, the win puts us in a very strong position in the group and we are now hot favorites to progress to the 2007 Asia Cup for the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home