Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

World Cup Withdrawal

The papers have gone quiet on the Aussie World Cup campaign at the moment. What is it? Too much tennis, cricket or the Commonwealth Games to not even have a half a page in the Herald-Sun talking about the biggest event in Australian sporting history?

Don't get me wrong, I love all sport, but hey, lets not sacrifice Football for the sake of the Commonwealth Games!

Perhaps Peter Desira needs to pull his finger out and show some balls to the sports editor at the HS and get some more coverage? Not sure what the answer is, but no doubt as the day gets closer our great game will begin to take over the front and back pages of the paper, just like it did on that fateful day in November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home