Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Boonie at the World Cup

I love my David Boon doll. For one, he is a symbol of the typical Australian. Known as the keg on legs, the guy is a legend, and the doll is a materialisation of the legend himself.

His quips during the current VB series have been sensational and he steals the show when people come over to watch the cricket. However, for most of Australia, the fund ends at the end of the VB series, and Boonie will again become a lifeless piece of plastic.

However, I have decided that my Boonie doll will take a different path to the millions of others around Australia. He will become my mascot at the 2006 World Cup. Young Boonie will come with me wherever I go in Germany. He will be visiting the pubs, the stadiums and every other place Germany has to offer.

Of course, all of this will be photographed. I am even thinking of starting up a "Boonie on Tour" website, with photos of his exploits. More of that to come, but until next time, Boonie you are a legend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home