Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Friday, June 02, 2006

One Week to Go, I'm Excited!!


Well it is one week to go until I head off for Germany, and needless to say the anticipation is growing by the minute.

We head off on Saturday 10 June at 7.30am and head into Frankfurt via Hong Kong. It will mean an early start obviously, however, with the opening match being played that night, I think I will do the hard yards and sit up and watch it, after all, it is not everyday you are heading off to "be part of it".

It is also good news on the team front, having read in the paper today that Harry Kewell is a good chance to be right for the final warm up match against Lichenstein (is that how you spell it??)

While I have been a critic of some of our star players like Viduka, Harry is someone who I believe is the most important "star" of the group. He has the ability to change a game in an instant, and can be that bit of magic we will need to get over the likes of Japan and Croatia.

While I am on the subject of "Dukes", I have to admit, he has impressed me since becoming captain, and I am inclined to believe that if he is at the top of his game come June 12, then he could very well assume this mantle from our Harry. Time will tell, however, it is going to be an interesting week leading up to the Japan game.

Pondering on the Dutch match this weekend, I cannot wait to watch this as I reckon it will be a pretty good indicator as to where we are at. Also, it will be a great opportunity for the fans over there to get a real taste as to what we are in for over the next month. No doubt I will be in contact with Cousin Frankie after the match to find out what it was like, and I will report all that is said on here after I have spoken with him.

Until then, Prost!

1 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home