Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Kewell and Cahill missing


Well the FA Cup final was a sensational result for all Liverpool fans, including myself, however, it came at a price. Our very own Harry Kewell getting himself injured with that bloody groin again.

It is very frustrating for all us fans who know how important a role Harry plays in our quest for World Cup success. I will also be disappointed to not see him running around on the G next Thursday.

However, the news is not all bad when both he and Tim Cahill will be available for the game against Japan, with Kewell likely to play before that in our two other friendlies.

On the personal front, it is now 23 days until we head off, but who is counting? Also, we find out about which hotels we will be staying at, and further itinerary details from FFA Travel this Friday. That should be interesting.

Next Thursday there is a group of us heading to watch the boys at the MCG. I should be in fine form, having an Accounting AFL Football lunch on that afternoon with all the grog supplied. I will then probably head to a nearby pub for a few more before I head to the game, which needless to say, I will be in full singing voice. Cannot wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home