Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Cahill Should Be Okay


Great news that the great Tim Cahill should be okay for the Netherlands game this weekend. While many outside Australia (or Everton) would not have heard of Tim before, we all know that his fitness is critical to the Socceroos chances. I am looking forward to seeing him get a half or so against the Dutch.

Just on that game, our office has a Punters Club whereby four of us put in $10 each and we form a multiple bet based on our selections. We have had one collect thus far, however, I was thinking about making my bet this week for the Aussies to beat the Dutch. That would be a huge result if it occurred, but I am not so sure of the strategy Guus will employ. While he says this is going to be a serious hitout, the master tactician that he is would suggest that he may very well be happy with an honorable loss so that our Japanese friends can be lulled into a false sense of security. It will be an intriguing game.

I will also have to be on the lookout for Cousin Frankie. He lands in Amsterdam that day and will head out to Rotterdam for the match. Hopefully he and his mate have no trouble getting in. Good luck Frankie, see you in Germany!!

1 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home