Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Smoggy Has a Sook


The English are already starting to have a sook and cry, and the World Cup is still some 40 days away.

The first bit of sobbing was heard today from my mate Smoggy, who sent an email in response to my blog on Wayne Rooney.

He said in his email that "Words you may regret one thinks. Just because a little scouse twat is out is mearly a hump in the road to progress to the next stage. Where australia will be lucky to score a goal!!!! Stick to the egg chasing!!!"

While these comments may not sound like the wimperings of a losing side to some, to me it is the beginning of the build up to what will be a miserable year for the Poms. Not only are they a big chance to go out of the Cup in straight sets, I am predicting more misery when it comes to their cricket side's tour of Australia this year for the Ashes.... however, I will save that for another Blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home