Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bernie Gets Tickets... But Is He Happy?

My mate, Bernie got the email most Aussie supporters would be dreaming about last night. The email was that he is successful in getting tickets for the World Cup.

When I received the news I was straight on the phone to him, however, I was not greeted by the jubilation that I would have been expecting. Instead, I was greeted with moaning about him having to cancel his other tour and the problems he has now to come up with the $6,000 for the trip.

Is he for real?!?!?!?! I personally know 100 or so people who would cut off their right arm to be in his situation (not to mention the 1,000's throughout Australia), and to be treated with the disdain he has shown is very disappointing. I can only hope that I have misread his thoughts on the issue and he is, in fact happy to be part of the Cup now.

I will keep my readers updated as to his progress on cancelling his AST Tour in favour of the Fanatics, and also his mood in relation to it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home