Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Frankies Folly


I had to help out cousin Frankie this week set up his webcam so that he can see his youngsters while traveling around Europe. You may have read in a previous post Frank is going over to the World Cup with a) No tickets, b) No transport and c) No tickets.

What a legend. However, for those who do not know Frankie, he is a resourceful chap and will have no problems getting by. He actually arrives in Amsterdam the day of our practice match with Holland. He will then travel with a mate to Rotterdam to watch the match (he has a ticket for that one), then onward to Belgium where he hopes to commute to Germany for matches.

Anyway, enough about Frankie. Onto tomorrow night's match. Should be massive to say the least, and will undoubtedly set a football crowd record for Australia. I am glad to be part of it.

The injuries surrounding the boys though are of a little bit of a concern. Hopefully they can come good at the right time, but it is certainly not the kind of lead in we would have hoped for. I am just crossing all my fingers and toes that we come out unscathed tomorrow, as more injuries could really hurt our chances.

My plans for tomorrow are to down a few ales at a lunch I have been invited to that finishes around 3pm or so. Then find a pub nearby and wait for my friends and wife to arrive, then get changed and head to a bar nearby the ground. I should be in full voice by that time, so I cannot wait... Though I am not sure how well I will be at work the next day.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Gavone said...

Cannot wait Frankie. Last night was huge. I will be sure to put an entry on here very soon about it.

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home