Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Australia versus Greece


Well I have my tickets, along with five of my closest friends, to go along to the MCG to see Australia take on Greece.

While I compliment the Football Federation of Australia for their "Football Family" concept, which allowed me to get in early with my purchase, I do have a gripe regarding the seating and pricing arrangements.

More than half the ground comprises the $120 section. This section actually goes up as high as the top deck of the Southern Stand on the wings. Then the $75 seats are placed around corner flags, and a fair way up, while the $40 seats are the rest of the ground.

Luckily I have a bit of football nouse, and went for the $40 seats which are right next door to the $75's on the corner flag, albeit up the top of the Southern Stand. As such, I have gotten off cheap with pretty good seats.

However, how can they really expect people to take a family along when the good seats are so expensive. I know they will probably fill the place when you consider all of Austrlia will be swept up in World Cup fever by then, but they are more expensive than all three of our World Cup matches!!

It will be a huge event though, and I cannot wait to cheer the boys on to what will be a memorable month ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home