Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Kewell playing against Leichtenstein


Great news to hear that my favorite Socceroo, Harry Kewell, will be lining up against Leichtenstein tonight.

I guess if it were I picking the side however, I would probably be playing our most valuable player off the bench rather than playing out the entire match. I have a feeling Guus will also go down this path.

While I am sure we would be competitive without Harry in the side, he is far too valuable to our ability to turn around a match or to grab a match by the scruff of the next to risk him in this game. He is a match winner, and one of the few genuine match winners we have in the side. Personally, the only other player I would rate as someone who could win a match for us through a top line performance would be Mark Viduka. And I have commented on how many times Dukes has done so for the Socceroos (ie not very many) and as such, Harry's contribution to our chances of progressing is vital.

So I say, let him play for sure as he needs match fitness, however, let us just be careful given how valuable he is to our ultimate World Cup dream.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

12G NO GOALS !!!!!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Gavone said...

Bugger off Smoggy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home