Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Frank and Holland


Well I emailed my cousin Frank yesterday and I got a response today. He made it to the Holland match and said it was one of the greatest experiences of his life. Quoting from his actual email he said;

"the ground was packed with 55,000 Dutch and fifteen hundred Aussies; they were going off for an hour before the game; but once the game started; all you could hear was these 1,500 mad Aussies; the atmosphere was amazing; when you consider there was so little of us packed in behind the goals; but now I've experienced what its really like to go to the football; as the Dutch are so passionate; for a friendly it was one of the best games I've been to; "

Now this is what I am talking about. For someone like Frank to say this who has been to many of Australia's major sporting events just gets you pretty pumped up for what we are about to fly in to.

I have been warming up my voice so that I can be in full song in Germany, though I have a bit of a sore throat today which is of great concern. If I come down with something prior to heading off it will be shattering. I have pumped in a few Panadols today as will be sucking on the Strepsils to stave off this cold. Fingers crossed.

As for the boys, well the aftermath of the game sees them brimming with confidence. I am looking forward to see how they will go, with Harry Kewell likely to play this Thursday morning. Should be good!

3 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still won't score a goal in the W/C

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Gavone said...

Smoggy, you are an idiot!

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home