Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

I am off to the World Cup

As one of the lucky ones to have already secured a ticket (and one for my wife as well), I am very pleased to be one of the lucky ones from Australia to get them through the FFA. Having had my cousin and best man play for the Socceroos in the late 90's, and seen him miss out on tickets has certainly drove home this fact.

Quite a few friends have also missed out, which is a little disappointing, however, they have certainly not given up hope as yet. They are in the FIFA ballot which results will be announced at the end of this month. I hope they get them, as one of my cousins has already booked his flights.

I will know quite a few people over there though already. A workmate is going and is best mates with the team physio. Another of my cousins is a player manager (he is Archie Thompson's manager), so he will be there. Plus a lot of friends will be there as well, even if they miss out on tickets.

I have also booked my flights, which fly into Frankfurt on the day of the FFA's Tour A, and will leave Stuttgart at the end of our preliminary rounds. I can't stay on as I have bugger all annual leave left after taking 6 weeks off to go to the Ashes. Here's hoping I bring better luck to the boys this time!!

I am now in the process of trying to get as many flags, shirts, caps etc with our national colors or flag on them. This is going to be huge, and I want to be a part of Australian sporting history!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home