Australia FIFA World Cup Blog

Australia has finally qualified for the World Cup after 32 long and agonising years! We are off to Germany, and I cannot believe it. I am a fan of all Australian sport and write for the Victorian Amateur Football Association, and the President of one of Australia's largest cricket clubs, and had my best man at my wedding play for the Socceroos. And now I am off to Germany for the trip of a lifetime. This is my story.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Greetings from Oehringen

I am writing from Oehringen, home town of the Socceroos while they are in Germany.

It was a three hour train ride here, and we will be off to watch the lads train in an hour or so, therefore I will have to keep this brief.

Yesterday was both great and awful. On the great side was the Footy Show, arriving at the game, the way the boys played, and the spectacle of the event. On the negative side was the referee, the result, the crowded trains and the Footy Show going way too long for people needing to get to the match.

On the match itself, most would have seen the game, however, some insider comments would be that the Brazialian fans were dead silent until they scored. As they say, you only sing when your winning. However, the Aussies kept going, even when they scored. Our seats were brilliant. Right behind the goals, 11 rows back at the end we attacked to in the second half.

Anyway, I have to get going to have a bite to eat before we head to training. We will make a more detailed entry if we can when we get to Stuttgart. All the best, and Go Socceroos!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home